What is containment?
Containment can be broken down into 3 key areas:
– The separation of a material or substance so that it does not come into contact with operators or the environment.
– The enclosure of a material or substance so that operations/activities can take place without it coming into contact with operators or the environment.
- Containment equipment/ Barrier Isolation
– An engineered unit that provides separation between a material or substance so that operations/activities can take place without it coming into contact with operators or the environment.
What is Flexible containment?
Flexible containment is a Flexible film walled enclosure to contain a potentially hazardous processing operation. It is made up from a number of key components:
- Glove sleeves are welded into the face of the bag to allow manual access to interior
- Pass through sleeves for connecting services and allowing material ingress and egress
- Docking sleeves to allow attachment to process equipment.
- Support from overhead steel work, pipes or external frame.
What are the advantages of using flexible containment?
- Reduced cost
- Quick lead time
- Can be used to fit existing machinery and apparatus.
- Elimination of cleaning procedures, cleaning validation
Who can use flexible containment?
Flexible containment can be used by anyone who requires containment.
Can it fit my existing machinery?
Yes, all of our glove bags and flexible containment enclosures are designed for your requirement and as a result can be made to fit your existing equipment. ONFAB have over 3000 different designs for different processes and equipment. We can find a containment solution for you.
What level of containment can a flexible glove bag provide?
Ambient glove bag is 1 – 10mg/m3
Negative pressure is 1 – 0.1mg/m3
However we see better results on surrogate hygiene testing.
What parts make up a flexible glove bag?
A flexible glove bag is made up of different parts depending on the requirement and the use. Glove bag Materials are mainly Anti-static Polyurethane and PVC. Non Anti-static Materials are available. They demonstrate excellent:-
– Tensile strength
– Temperature resistance.
– Chemical resistance. (Depends on solvent)
How expensive are flexible glove bags in relation to typical containment products?
Our priority is to provide you with the right solution, not the most expensive. This is why many of our customers make considerable cost savings when commissioning ONFAB to address their containment requirements.
Can I just replenish parts of the enclosure?
Yes, that is the benefit of using flexible containment solutions.
How long is ONFAB’s lead time?
Setting up a new facility or modifying an existing one must be executed within the shortest possible time frame to minimise costs and loss of productivity. We work with you to meet the most challenging of schedules through every stage of the process from design to installation, ensuring a fast and efficient service. For a replenishment enclosure we can meet a 2 week lead time.